Admission arrangements to Etwall Primary School for children living in Derbyshire are through Derbyshire County Council. Please contact the local authority to find out more information about our admission and appeal arrangements.
Website: www.derbyshire.gov.uk/education (or use the blue link above)
Telephone: 01629 537479
If you do not live in Derbyshire, please apply through the council covering the area in which you live. Please be aware that parents and carers have a legal right to express a preference for which school they wish their child to attend. This is not the same as being able to choose, but means that if you expresses a preference for a particular school, and there are places available, then your child should be offered a place at that school.
However, in law there is no automatic right to place a child in any particular school and it may not be possible to offer a place at the preferred school. Admission to Etwall Primary School is based on Derbyshire County Council's Admission Criteria.
In Year Admission
If you are moving to Derbyshire or want your child to move schools other than at the normal admission/transfer time, you will need to apply for an in-year admission. This applies for children joining the school in Years 1 to 6. We consider all applications according to our admissions policy, having regard for our Pupil Admission Number (PAN) and the spaces available in our school.
Find out more by reading our admissions policy or visiting Derbyshire County Council's website.
Further information can be followed in our admissions policy. The following order of priority will be adopted for admissions:
- Looked after children and children who were looked after but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order).
- Children living in the normal area (see note one) served by the school at the time of application and admission who have brothers or sisters (see note two) attending the school at the time of application and admission.
- Children living in the normal area (see note one) served by the school at the time of application and admission.
- Children not living in the normal area (see note one) served by the school but who have brothers or sisters (see note two) attending the school at the time of application and admission.
- Other children whose parents have requested a place.
If your child is leaving the school (other than for secondary school) then please inform the Headteacher, in writing, including the following information:
This information is important as if it is not given to the Headteacher then the school will have to follow the Derbyshire County Council guidelines 'Children Missing from Education' and a referral will be processed through Starting Point to the council. More information on Children Missing from Education can be found on Derbyshire County Council's website.
- The date your child is leaving the school
- The name of the school that your child will be attending
- The start date
- The family address (if you are moving house)