The Pupil Premium is funding allocated to schools for the specific purpose of boosting the attainment of pupils from low-income families. Funding is based on children registered for a free school meal and children that have been in care for more than six months.
The Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011 and is allocated to schools to work with pupils who have been registered for free school meals at any point in the last six years (known as ‘Ever 6 FSM’).
Schools also receive funding for children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months, and children of service personnel.
Whilst schools are free to spend the Pupil Premium as they see fit we are required to publish online information about how we have used the Premium. Our current offering is as follows:
- Additional support in morning lessons on a daily basis through Teaching Assistants
- Targeted support in one-to-one or small group sessions as identified for your child, provided by a dedicated Pupil Premium teacher
- Support from a dedicated Pupil Premium Champion (Mrs Carter) who meets regularly with your child to talk about their learning
- Specific ‘pre-learning’ sessions from class teachers as identified weekly (as appropriate)
- 50% funded enrichment day visits, with fully funded transport costs from the PTFA
- £5 per week towards wrap around care - provided by Active Bodies
- 50% funded extra-curricular activity e.g. sports, Imagineering, yoga and language clubs, up to £2.50 per week
- Partially funded music lessons at £1.50 per week in a shared lesson, plus hire of instrument
- Subsidies for residential visits
- Provision of free books relating to the interests of each child up to £20
- £25 contribution towards school uniform costs from one of our two official suppliers (please see school office for details)
- Free nutritious school meals on a daily basis
- Free school milk for children who receive free school meals only. You will need to check this with the school office as it does not apply to all Pupil Premium funded children
To apply for free school meals and, as a result, The Pupil Premium, please click the link below.