The structure of Etwall Primary School's Governing Body
The EPS Governing Body is comprised of 14 Governors:
- 1 x Local Authority Governor
- 5 x Parent Governors
- 1 x Staff Governor
- 6 x Co-opted Governors
Parent Governors are elected by the Parents, Staff Governors are elected by the Staff. Local Authority Governors are nominated by the Local Authority and appointed by the Governing Body and Co-opted Governors are appointed by the Governing Body.
Structure of the EPS Governing Body
The Governing Body meets as a Full Governing Body (FGB) at least three times a year. It delegates responsibility to two main committees - Resources Committee and Teaching and Learning Committee, which meet at least three times a year. In addition to these meetings:
- FGB hold an AGM in Autumn Term 1 each year;
- FGB hold an additional meeting specifically to set up the school budget at the beginning of each financial year;
- In July each year, the FGB hold an additional meeting specifically to discuss the progress that each cohort and each group of children have made during the preceding year - this supports the work specifically done by the Teaching and Learning committee at their termly meetings.
- Resources Committee - This committee has responsibility for the planning and monitoring of finance, personnel, safeguarding, premises, health and safety issues, and policies.
Chair: Mrs Joanne Jones, Vice Chair: TBC. Members: Mrs Gill Baines, Mrs Samantha Marshall, Mrs Jennifer Mitchell, TBC
- Teaching and Learning Committee - This committee has responsibility for the planning and monitoring of the school curriculum, the provision for SEND pupils and the progress and attainment of all children, including all groups.
Chair: Mrs Angela Jenner, Vice Chair: Mr Rishi Makwana. Members: Mr Stuart McCready-Stocks, TBC
- Pay and Performance Committee - At least three Governors, excluding Headteacher and Staff Governors.
Current committee: Mrs Angela Jenner, Mrs Joanne Jones, Mrs Samantha Marshall
- Complaints Committee - The committee will include no members who were involved in the original decision which is the subject of appeal or who were in some way involved. This committee is formed as needed.
- Disciplinary (Staff) Appeal Committee - The committee will comprise of no less than three members of the Governing Body who are not disqualified by being members of staff or by having an interest requiring them to withdraw. This committee is formed as needed.
- Headteacher Performance Management Committee - The committee will comprise at least three members of the Governing Body, excluding Staff Governors.
Current committee: Mrs Angela Jenner, Mr Rishi Makwana, Mrs Samantha Marshall
- Policy Committee - This committee meets three times a year to review and approve school policies. The committee is led by the Chair of Governors and other Governors attend at least one meeting a year on a rota basis.
The minutes of Governor meetings are available in school on request (Confidential matters are minuted separately and are not available for viewing). Please direct all enquiries to the Clerk to Governors, Mrs Ruth Bailey, who is contactable as follows:
Address: Etwall Primary School, Egginton Road, ETWALL, DE65 6NB
Telephone (office hours): 01283 732301